A 24-hour NON-EMERGENCY public hotline has been established to ensure questions or concerns can be answered promptly. This is not an emergency number. Emergency calls should be directed to 911. The Ascon Landfill Site hotline number is 714-388-1825.
- June 6, 2019 The California Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC) hosts a community workshop to provide an update on the Final Remedy progress, answer questions and provide information on the next phase of work, June 6, 2019, 6 pm, Edison High School, 21400 Magnolia Street, Huntington Beach.
- May 15, 2019 The City of Huntington Beach hosts a community meeting with the California Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC) and Ascon Landfill Site project team to provide a project update, May 15, 2019, 5:30 pm, Huntington Beach City Hall, 2000 Main Street, Huntington Beach, in the City Council chambers.
- May 15, 2019 Recent social media posts share images or video of foamy water discharging into the Santa Ana River near the ocean. This is not from the Ascon Landfill Site. The public can take action to protect the environment by reporting concerns like this to the Orange County 24-Hour Water Pollution Problem Reporting Hotline: 1-877-89SPILL. More information at https://www.huntingtonbeachca.gov/government/departments/public_works/storm-water-quality/
- Jan 18, 2019 Field work at the Ascon Landfill Site for the Final Remedy or final cleanup has mobilized.
- Dec 13, 2018 Community meeting hosted by DTSC at Edison High School to announce upcoming Final Remedy work which begins in January 2019. More information about the community meeting and Final Remedy in Fact Sheet #20.
- Oct 1, 2017 Completed oil well abandonment in Lagoon 5 and demobilization. More information about this work in Fact Sheet #18 and Ascon Community Notice, October 2017.
- July 1, 2017 Mobilization and field work began for Lagoon 5 stabilization and oil well abandonment.
- May 1, 2017 DTSC approved Final Remedial Design.
- June 1, 2015 DTSC approved and certified Final Environmental Impact Report and Remedial Action Plan.